Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The IT Manager -Systems Integration, furthers continuous improvement by developing and maintaining system integrations that connect Acushnet Systems to promote effective business process and provide an industry competitive advantage.
- Manages staff within assigned area, conducting hiring, training and performance review activities. Ensures resources are appropriately allocated to workload/backlog. Responsible for coordinating systems analysis and application development activities through direct and indirect staff, including onshore and offshore teams.
- Collaborates with business partners and management in the identification, evaluation and implementation of information systems, and develops plans to insure the completion of these activities. Coordinates the acquisition of approved applications including the planning for migration, installation, and training. Identifies and researches alternative technologies for addressing business objectives.
- Manages vendor relationships to maximize value to the business. Supports procurement processes related to services and/or products necessary for the organization
- Contributes to the development of standards and recommends changes to systems/applications. Provides technical and business expertise.
- Supports department-wide IT strategic and operational planning activities.
- Supports capital and operating budget processes and conducts fiduciary activities as appropriate to ensure appropriate allocation of funds.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field is required.
- 10+ years of IT progressive, broad-based information systems experience, with 7+ years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in application development, including integrations between systems and application support.
- Experience with multiple business areas overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions with a focus on integration technologies.
- Demonstrated success working with business functional areas to design, architect and implement enterprise business applications and solutions
- Track record of managing application development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning, code review, and standard development practices.
- Exposure to capital and operating budget processes related to packaged and custom developed applications
- Successful at meeting scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives
- Seasoned development and operations experience with packaged software and integration technology
- Positive attitude and ability to build strong relationships within the company and with external partners
- Expert knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing systems analysis and application development projects and programs (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements
- Ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
- Deep understanding of technical integration technologies such as webMethods, API operations, XML and JSON concepts, as well as other web and database technology so decisions can be made/staff directed on project plan requirements. Where appropriate, manager will perform coding to support the technical requirements.
- Experience in performing code review.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups and demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Able to ensure that optimal performance is being achieved through maintenance, monitoring and performance management of the integration environments.
- Manage the design and creation of data models and metadata, implementation of system security requirements, as well as the creation of functional requirements documents, technical design documents, and source/target mapping documents.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology