Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Ft. Worth Distribution Center is looking for someone with Embroidery Operations experience that will support our future growth strategy and will be responsible for all North American decoration fulfillment processes. This role is the primary liaison across internal departments and brands to ensure business requirements are met and maintained including: collaboration with planning/production departments to determine product availability, working with DC production facilities to ensure efficient and accurate order fulfillment at the highest level of customer service and order fill rate, and developing and establishing proactive processes to improve efficiency, accuracy of order processes & procedures, and maintain the highest levels of quality, customer experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transform the existing platform into a sustainable competitive advantage for all ELY brands
- Provide leadership and direction to the embroidery operations teams, including managing 2 direct reports and 75-80 indirect distribution center hourly staff.
- Drive the connection of people, process, and technology to ensure the capabilities and capacity are present to serve the individual and collective needs of all brands and channels
- Create and manage internal decoration capacity to ensure service levels are met or exceeded, and utilize 3rd party capacity as needed
- Learn, embrace, and drive the culture of “how we think” as an operating leader
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels and ensure best utilization of resources based on skill set and order profile
- Monitor daily order deliveries and work directly with the DC operations leadership team to resolve shipping and sales related issues and ensure SAP order fulfillment requirements are met.
- Develop, review, report and act on appropriate metrics and process documentation associated with logo and embroidery to drive highly efficient business operations.
- Oversee formal training and Apprenticeship Program
- Drive the strategy for improving key performance indicators including but not limited to safety, quality to the customer, delivery, cost, and the morale of the team.
- Manage FIFO process throughout the stages to ensure 3-day max time in the embroidery process
- Manage aging reporting and actions required to maintain service levels to every customer and order
- Support product/embellishment qualification process
- Collaborate with team to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that the hours invested by everyone in the team on a daily/weekly/monthly basis are in line with brand, organizational and market/customer demands.
- Utilizing all available resources, ensure that the support processes and events are in place to engage the team in the business, sustain the morale, align the culture in the embroidery room with the guarantee targeted/meaningful development at all levels, provide effective performance review and feedback, and ensure that both outstanding performers and challenges are visible and moving through the respective processes. Lead active engagement of the team in the “red chair” culture.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement is present, ideas are flowing, and outcomes are being achieved
- Review and assess improvement opportunities; prioritize the work, and collaborate with staff to drive to implementation
- Establish and conduct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance management review of the embroidery and other decoration operations
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong understanding and application of lean manufacturing principles in a manufacturing or assembly environment
- Advanced knowledge of embroidery and logo business and production processes for apparel
- Advanced knowledge of end-to-end order process flow both within SAP and general company business requirements.
- Ability to manage a two-shift operation which may require working a split shift or remaining to the end of 2nd shift on occasion
- Ability to effectively lead and manage direct and indirect subordinates, including non-exempt, hourly and temporary employees.
- Adept at negotiation and resolving challenging situations.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop staff at all levels.
- Considers and understands impacts of policy/procedure changes both upstream and downstream across the organization.
- Highly developed detail orientation, initiative, problem solving competencies.
- Intermediate level or higher proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Read, understand and interpret instructions, policies, procedures, program information, and other business-related communications.
- Creative thinker with ability to suggest appropriate solutions to solve challenging issues related to sales and embroidery operations.
- Understand how to prioritize work in a high-volume production area to meet both customer expectations and company revenue goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred in Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or assembly operation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in logo art, embroidery operations, sales order management or similar experience required.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing people at a supervisory or management level required, preferably multiple supervisors simultaneously.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience/background preferred.
- SAP / Business Objects experience preferred.
- Experience in Embtrack a plus.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.