Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Callaway Golf has aims to continue growing its owned digital properties through best-in-class content and storytelling around its products and services. Supporting that effort, this role within the Brand Publishing group will help drive digital, social and community marketing activities for the Callaway Golf family of brands. The company’s brand publishing system creates, distributes and promotes content across owned and operated platforms, through content collaborations and through new media partnerships.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• May focus on all or some of the following: develop creative digital content, publishing strategy across various channels, social media strategy and community management.
• Contribute creatively - and in a way that is authentic to golf - to B2C marketing communications across the Company’s owned and operated platforms.
• Additional responsibilities include evaluating new content opportunities, managing creative content projects, measurement and reporting, platform-specific marketing, event management, audience acquisition, among others.
• Develop competence (and passion) for the company’s products and services to interface with golfers on the Callaway Community, enthusiast forums, across social channels and in person.
• Manage – at times large-scale - production activities for content collaborations with media partners and/or digital creators.
• Interface with brand ambassadors, including Tour Professionals and key influencers.
• Manage communications to internal groups, including the C-Suite, external partners and external agencies.
• Help to enforce Social Media policy
• Expected to contribute to department strategy setting and launch planning
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who thrives in fast-paced, highly productive and particularly collaborative environment
• Experience using content management systems
• Strong writing skills, especially as it relates to headlines and SEO
• Firm grasp of fundamental digital marketing and social media principles and practices
• Demonstrated success in integrating social media with broader communications, marketing and advertising programs
• Ability to supervise others and lead project teams
• Passion for sports and specifically golf; ability to use golf knowledge to communicate directly with the consumer related to features and benefits of Callaway Golf products and services
• Ability to think creativity and analytically, communicate clearly and effectively in any medium, and interact with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality through all levels of the organization
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to relate to all levels of employees and customers.
• Ability to execute and implement creative ideas established by working teams
• Ability to manage detailed project plans with accuracy, positivity and passion
• Demonstrates excellent customer service, transparency and team-first mentality
• Works independently, quickly and with limited direction
• Professional, dynamic and friendly demeanor
• Build and cultivate relationships within the business and constantly engage with fans and consumers.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Innovative and creative
• Team player
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 8 years in media, marketing, communications or a related field
• Proficient writer and/or content producer across multiple mediums
• Adept at current media platforms and technology (E.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
• Experience in golf industry highly preferred
• Sporting goods knowledge a plus
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.