Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Manages the supplier aspects of product development and sourcing projects. Responsible for conducting market research into potential suppliers, product specifications and resources. Works in tandem with Product Engineering to evaluate potential suppliers, assist with overall supplier qualification, develop sourcing plans, request proposals, and formulate recommendations for purchasing and sourcing decisions. Plans, directs, and coordinates the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. Responsible for negotiating supplier agreements. Identifies and cultivates new business relationships related to products and product development services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the operations team to manage strategic sourcing projects
- Manages the sourcing deals, contracts, delivery and quality for a complete procurement cycle, ensuring the commercial and cost saving benefits are realized at the P&L level and ensuring on time delivery with the suppliers
- Oversees the complete follow through of project support from managing the product/supplier sourcing to execution to supplier delivery and quality
- Develop and prepare best practice processes, and works together with Finance and IT to enhance the ERP set up for Sourcing related activities.
- Works with product and engineering teams for identification of strategic suppliers and evaluates vendor reliability
- Manages, reviews and negotiates supply contracts, subcontractor agreements, and other terms and conditions
- Lead and/or actively contribute to continuous improvement projects related to purchasing & distribution.
- Organize and execute regular supplier site evaluations and audits
- Develop and distribute KPIs relative to sourcing activities/PPV
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to manage sub-contract suppliers, with high volume/value fabricated parts/component contracts in both foreign and domestic markets.
- Strong managerial skills to work across all functions and levels of an organization; ability to lead change
- Ability to manage long lead-time product deliveries in support of production.
- Working knowledge of assembly & manufacturing processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Purchasing Law and Uniform Commercial Code.
- Strong organizational, analytical and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Thorough understanding of financial impact of decisions.
- Demonstrated success in developing and fostering relationships with suppliers while driving lower costs, superior performance and continuous improvement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or advanced Degree from a four-year college or university;
- Minimum 7 years related experience including 2 or more in a supervisory role. Purchasing in a Manufacturing/Engineered Product environment.
- Interfacing with manufacturing engineering and program management teams.
- Experience in executing Global Supply Chain initiatives & strategic planning.
- Experience with managing rubber and/or plastic commodities a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Periodic travel required.
Callaway is an EEO.