Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands. We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete
The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing, with limited oversight of the Sr Manager, all State income tax-related compliance and tax accounting. They will review the State compliance work performed by the outside service provider, compile quarterly and year end State tax provisions (and supporting computations), and assist with State tax technical projects, where appropriate. There may be some involvement in Federal income tax compliance and/or projects.
- Assume lead role in State income tax compliance function, including Corporate and Partnership returns, estimates and extensions.
- Perform primary review of compliance filings compiled by third party service provider. Responsible to ensure State notices are tracked and resolved.
- Assume lead role in preparation of Quarterly and Year End State income tax provision, including V/A analysis for state tax attributes, Provision to Return Analysis, etc.
- Assist Sr. Tax Manager with State income tax examinations
- Assist Sr. Tax Manager with State income tax projects, including research and documentation of findings
- Assist Sr. Tax Manager with misc. Federal projects, exams, compliance
- Identify and, where appropriate/required, implement State process improvements
- Bachelor of Science required in Business Administration, with a major in Accounting; MST or CPA required.
- Minimum 5-10 Years of Corporate income tax experience, including Federal and multi-State tax compliance, with a multinational company, large CPA firm or combination of both. Conversant in ASC 740 accounting for income taxes
- Some domestic travel possible.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and working knowledge of tax software systems. Familiarity with ERP/General Ledger systems helpful.