Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under general supervision; draft, review and negotiate various contracts (vendor, distributor, employment, etc.) for publicly held corporation and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries; identify and mitigate business and legal risks by reviewing/modifying contract documents; partner with internal business customers to negotiate contract terms; manage contracts database; communicate, implement and ensure compliance with various Company policies; support attorneys in ensuring compliance with legal requirements in the U.S. and at foreign entities; mentor and supervise legal specialist; implement processes to improve the overall effectiveness of the Law Department; and manage various projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contract Database: Oversee and direct the maintenance and operation of the Company’s contract database (input of new contracts; follow-up with business people to ensure contracts are renewed; instruct employees on use of database).
- Mentor/Supervise: Legal specialist on contract review; managing database, etc.
- Sales: Review retailer/customer agreements; respond to requests from various states and counties regarding compliance documents; draft/revise Outside Sales Representative agreements.
- IT: Review/revise/draft and assist with negotiation of contracts.
- Marketing: Assist with a variety of advertising and marketing programs to include such things as sweepstakes rules, modifying third party service agreements, advertising agreements.
- Human Resources: Draft employment-related contracts, including Officer Employment Agreements, incentive, separation, recruiting and contingent worker agreements; assist with employee relations issues and investigations.
- Operations: Review new and renewing leases for U.S. properties and globally; assist with lease issues by working with outside counsel, landlords and sub-tenants; review construction and architect contracts; assist with real estate purchase and sale agreements; work with insurance companies and broker on environmental and other claims issues.
- Vendor & Consulting Agreements: Draft/review/revise/negotiate a variety of vendor agreements and consulting agreements.
- Confidentiality Agreements: Manage process and forms for unilateral confidentiality agreements; draft mutual confidentiality agreements and renewal.
- Foreign Subsidiaries: With minimal oversight from the Deputy General Counsel, function as the Law Department’s primary point of contract on global contract matters, including the review, revision and drafting of cross-functional contracts for the Company; employment and separation contracts; assist with resolving HR issues; assist with start-up and wind-down of subsidiaries; liaise with outside counsel in foreign countries.
- Company Compliance/Policies/Guidelines: Review/revise Company policies and guidelines for implementation domestically and globally.
- Distributors: Draft distributor agreements and assist with dissolution of distributor agreements.
- General: Manage multiple contractual documents in a time-sensitive environment; respond to various inquiries from business customers; implement streamlined legal processes to mitigate risk while enhancing the business, in line with the Company’s improvement initiatives.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Superior writing, communication, time-management and organizational skills.
- Utilize critical thinking skills in solving problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of dealing with multiple internal customers, in-house counsel, outside counsel and third party vendors/consultants
- Skilled at asking appropriate questions of internal business customers in order to obtain facts and other information necessary to complete task at hand.
- Team player – able to coordinate work with customers and team members in Law Department.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word and other Microsoft programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university or Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety contracts in the corporate environment.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.