Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Manager of Planning and Procurement for Golf Gloves will have overall responsibility for the operational planning required to support the strategic objectives of the golf glove business, both regionally and globally. Develop demand plan based on business trends and demand patterns, inventory analysis, size and seasonal profile analysis and all purchasing functions to support golf glove procurement to meet sales and inventory plans. Manage global GPR to all factories and collaborate with International Procurement/Inventory Management teams to ensure timely and accurate manufacturing plan. Lead, train and mentor Senior Product Specialist.
- Manage all systems and data required to support glove forecasting, procurement and availability reporting.
- Lead U.S. monthly forecast meetings and communicate forecast, availability and inventory information to external and internal stakeholders.
- Direct U.S. inventory forecasting activities, including the maintenance of appropriate spreadsheets and databases.
- Execute all finished goods procurement activities and ensure the process is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze inventory position and ensure we are taking appropriate action to support 90% availability goals for all active SKU'S.
- Perform corrective actions to meet availability goals and develop strategies for slow-moving inventory.
- Aggregate global market forecasts, review production capacity plans and perform ex-US market analysis, as required.
- This will include but is not limited to; communication, coordination and consolidation of purchase orders and/or forecasts from all Ex-US markets.
- Create and maintain international direct source order forms and update related pricing and SKUs, when required.
- Perform testing, analysis and troubleshooting to support AGS system upgrades and new market roll-outs.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure quality, cost and delivery expectations are being met.
- Facilitate operational and sourcing procedures with AFJ and sourced factories
- Consolidate monthly inventory reports for ex-US markets.
- Direct strategies relative to inventory levels, product costing, and forecasting to ensure global targets are achieved.
- Work with Product Manager to meet global costing and margin goals, facilitate global product commercialization and the related PLC process.
- Support department in other areas on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations or Supply Chain required. MBA Preferred. APICS certification is preferred
- 8 years of experience in procurement required with 3-5 years of managing indirect categories.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and operation practices and principles.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, organization and problems solving skills are necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Excellent knowledge/experience with data analysis, Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP software is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of the golf business is also a preference.