Jack Wolfskin, a global eco-performance apparel, footwear and equipment brand, was founded in 1981 on the tenants of product sustainability, performance and quality. The company is now one of the major suppliers of outdoor products across the world with a versatile portfolio of smartly- and sustainably-engineered technologies, including its popular Texapore group of materials. Jack Wolfskin is headquartered in Idstein, Germany, and is expanding to North America with an office opening in Park City, Utah.
The Finance Manager will be a key member of the Jack Wolfskin North America business unit, providing timely and accurate analysis to assist management in making insightful, fact-based business decisions. Responsibilities include partnering with various functional business leads in setting, measuring and attaining financial related goals and objectives and providing operational support for order management processes and reporting. This role is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and relevance of financial information communicated to departments, and will participate in the annual LRP budgeting and monthly forecasting process with managers of the departmental teams and will be a business partner in the financial support of various functions. This individual will be responsible for the preparation and monitoring of budget and monthly/quarterly actual and forecast submissions and key operations attached to supporting financial reporting and account management. The right individual will be flexible and open to wearing multiple hats in this fast paced start-up environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparing monthly financial reporting package, inclusive of a consolidated business unit P&L along with and variance analysis to forecast and prior years
- Work closely with business partners to maximize profitability and deliver required sales growth
- Develop annual budget process to ensure appropriate financial goals are established
- Work with Director of Business Development to develop and maintain accurate monthly financial forecasts
- Help develop and drive a Long Range Plan while tracking performance against the plan
- Design and create customized financial reports as required by various business partners and establish best practices with the Callaway family of brands..
- Liaison with IT and Operations teams to ensure that timely resolutions are reached with regard to system and data issues
- Help validate and reconcile customer orders across systems for all channels to ensure forecasts are met
- Partner with business groups to ensure that revenue and spending are allocated appropriately to the various business segments
- Maintain the current Product Hierarchy maintenance
- Interface with department managers to review results, explain actual to budget variances, and forecast for future periods
- Work with credit and logistics team to set-up and approve new wholesale accounts and track/communicate delivery impacts to budget/forecast.
- Responsible for the tracking and management of sales rep sample accounts and commissions to ensure accuracy in budgeting and forecasting process.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Able to extract pertinent data from ERP and Business Intelligence systems to support above duties
- Must have ability to work independently, multi-task, be a self-starter and team player and open to doing everything from tactical tasks to high level strategy
- Solid analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of information flows within a consumer goods company environment
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization and presenting data to Senior Management
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Finance, Accounting or Business required, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 8 years accounting or finance experience, with heavy emphasis in financial modeling, analysis and reporting.
- Previous Finance experience in a mid-size or large international manufacturer/distributor or consumer products industry experience, preferred.
- SAP/COPA/BW/BPS/SAC reporting package experience a plus.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.