Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Product Marketing Manager will ideally bring experience, understand the golf landscape and be passionate about supporting marketing planning and execution for Callaway Soft Goods, Callaway Irons & Hybrids and Special Markets Tournaments and Corporate. The Product Marketing Manager will independently as well as collaboratively plan, develop, and implement marketing and communication programs for these assigned categories. The Product Marketing Manager will design and execute effective marketing programs to create demand, as well as maximize market share and sell through. Develops ideas and programs for product launches to generate buzz and maximize product exposure. Come join this thriving business and be the product champion for these categories! This role will sit at HQ in Carlsbad, CA when we are back in the office.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain the long-range product plan for assigned categories in conjunction with executive management.
- Champion the &lsquoGo-to-Market&rsquo launch plans for each key product category including:
- Product technical positioning, and marketing message efforts for each product
- Manage and develop all consumer facing marketing messaging, content, and materials to support product line throughout product lifecycle
- Create Product Marketing Briefs for key sales and marketing teams on product positioning and key technologies
- Ensure all assets are distributed in a strategic and timely manner to support product launches
- Develop and maintain the sales cycle cadence for each SKU throughout the life of the product:
- Responsible for: Pre-line dates, tour launch date, sales intro date, marketing press release date, PAR date, promo plans
- Partner with R&D, Program Management and Sales to develop products and bring them to market, providing input on components, pricing, margins and branding. May play different role by product assigned from leading to supporting.
- Lead the development of the Soft Goods & Special Markets Catalogs including the coordination of photo shoots, product copy, design while seeking input from Special Markets, Soft Goods Product, R&D and Sales Teams.
- Work closely with Tournament and Corporate Sales teams to market and communicate sales programs, including the development of collateral, merchandising and retail pieces.
- Maintain detailed Market Share data for assigned product categories, and seek market growth opportunities
- Present the product line and key product stories as needed with marketing, sales, customers, consumers, and media partners.
- Develops content and marketing ideas for assigned product lines and works closely with Callaway Media Productions team to execute.
- Assist with creation of sales meeting and Pre-Line materials to include binder pages, slides and training documents.
- Assist in distribution of communications to internal groups Sales, Sr Management, etc. and in some cases external agencies and media partners.
- Project manage the flow of assigned project needs to ensure delivery of all critical deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of product and marketing of consumer goods.
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills &ndash both verbally and written and be able to relate to all level of employees and customers.
- Deep golf product knowledge and passion to keep learning about product technical features, specifications and offerings.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage detailed project plans with accuracy.
- Ability to analyze data/trends to make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to drive to meet assigned deadlines.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player.
- Working knowledge of office software products MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor&rsquos degree or equivalent required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in marketing / communications or related experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of golf equipment and passion for the sport required.
- Knowledge of soft goods bags, hats, etc. and golf consumables gloves preferred.
Experience in the Corporate and/or Tournaments channels a plus.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.