This job is archived
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under minimal supervision, the Program Manager will be responsible for leading the cross-functional program team in development of new products as assigned without a direct reporting relationship.  Incumbent will manage all aspects of new product development teams from concept to manufacturing stages to include schedule creation, tracking, status reports, Cost of Goods management, quality standard review, introduction quantities, required samples and leading cross functional teams to on time completion and product introduction.  Incumbent is responsible for delivering the product to production ramp-up on or before the target dates, at or below the projected cost of goods estimates, and within expected quality standards.  This role will also speak for the interests of other related departments including Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Brand Management, International, Legal, Finance and the Design teams in absence of direct representation from those groups.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, drive, and maintain project schedules for new product introductions.
- Lead cross-functional project core teams to on-time product introduction, while maintaining or exceeding quality standards and estimated cost projections.
- Manage program resources, identify and track action items, and assign tasks to appropriate team members.
- Conduct supplier, vendor, or other program related third-party onsite visits globally to ensure quality, cost, and schedule standards are being met, and lead in the resolution of issues that are encountered.
- Ability to travel internationally for onsite planning and program development with key suppliers and their program core teams.
- Develop Program plans following Gate/Phase process, conduct NPD process, and conduct Phase/Gate Status Review and Sr. Management Updates.
- Expedite completion of component and finished goods specifications.
- Enforce project milestones and deadlines, and assist with completion of critical deliverables.
- Drive decisions on assigned programs with cross functional teams regarding costs, quality factors, schedules, or other related issues.
- Facilitate project communication to core team, extended team, and functional managers, to include complete supply base.
- Drive continuous improvement of product development methods for increased efficiency and shortened time to market.
- Shadow Program Directors on strategic high-level program issues to develop long term skills and experience.
- Track program related financial elements including, COG&rsquoS, ROI, cost avoidance, margin studies and support financial driven contingency plans.
- Execute Project Plans: Work with subordinates and/or peers to accomplish an assigned objective.
- Manage and coordinate the effort of those necessary to complete the project.
- Conduct team review of status and communicate project status by providing updates to peers and leadership as required
- Meet with personnel to communicate new projects and reprioritize existing projects as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, and web-based tools.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills, with a close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to work with all levels of management, technical resources, and external contacts.
- Strong leadership skills, specifically with cross-functional teams.
- Able to address and resolve people, process, or resource issues in a fast paced, multiple priority environment.
- Familiarity with FMEA, Target Costing, preferred
- Basic knowledge of basic investment casting and manufacturing principles, preferred
- Basic knowledge of shaft/grip technology, quality assurance methods and Design specifications, and technical documentation, preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor&rsquos degree in technical field or equivalent manufacturing, engineering, and/or tooling experience.
- Minimum of 6 years project management experience in a cross-functional environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- Masters degree in related field.
- Previous experience managing new product development projects in consumer goods companies.
- Previous experience managing product development cycle from basic research efforts through prototype, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and product introduction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT if applicable
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer