This job is archived
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing timely and accurate analysis to assist management in its goal of making fact-based decisions. Responsibilities also include acting as a partner with the business area management in setting, measuring and attaining financial related goals and objectives. Position will report directly to Finance, but daily direction taken from functional Business Lead.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ogio and Callaway Soft Goods Finance
- Responsible for recommending forecasting, business tracking changes to business area leaders
- Responsible for preparing monthly financial reporting package, inclusive of a consolidated business unit P&L along with various KPIs
- Work closely with business partners to maximize profitability and deliver required sales growth
- Develop annual budget process to ensure appropriate financial goals are established
- Develop and maintain accurate monthly financial forecasts
- Help develop and drive a Long Range Plan while tracking performance against the plan
- Design and create customized financial reports as required by various business partners
- Develop/maintain reporting metrics to help management understand the health of the business
- Complete the Ogio OPEX forecast on a monthly basis and provide analysis and feedback on spend
- Actively participate in the Ogio revenue planning process with support to the business to determine the overall plan and also a review and validation of the monthly forecast loads for Ogio
- Provide reporting and support for Ogio-specific commission plans
- Interface with department managers to review results, explain actual to budget variances, and forecast for future periods
- Coordinate with Sales Initiatives team on Callaway Soft Goods and Ogio line plans, pricing, programs and promotions
- Help organization to aggressively manage inventories to avoid obsolescence and to help Sales/Operations develop comprehensive plans to manage inventory in order to hit targeted gross margins
- Manage the global royalty process
- Global Finance Support
- Provide analytical and reporting support to Global Finance Director, particularly in the area of margin analysis across regions and brands
- Identify and improve operational inefficiencies within current processes and reporting to enhance overall group effectiveness
- Actively seek new tools and ideas to help management better understand and plan our business
- Liaison with IT to ensure that timely resolutions are reached with regard to system issues
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and is comfortable presenting data to Sr. Management.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of information flows within a consumer goods company environment.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and MS Power Point.
- Able to extract pertinent data from ERP system to support above duties.
- Must be a self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Six Sigma principles
- Positive attitude with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales and inventory forecasting methods and concepts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor&rsquos degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of finance or operations experience with heavy emphasis in analysis, financial modeling and reporting.
- Previous Finance experience in a mid-size or large international manufacturer/distributor or consumer products industry experience, preferred.
- SAP/COPA/BW/BPS/SAC reporting package experience a plus.
- Preferred experience in the consumer products industry.
- Golf industry experience is a plus.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.