This job is archived
Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The Associate Golf Ball Product Manager for the Titleist Performance Line is the business owner for Titleist Tour Soft, Velocity, TruFeel, VG3 and Pinnacle golf balls. This role will work cross-functionally with R&D, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to design and market the best performing products in their category and deliver the golf ball business plan. This role works with and is supported by Golf Ball Retail Marketing, Golf Ball Fitting & Education and Golf Ball Creative to meet company objectives. The product manager’s core responsibility is to be the business owner for these products.
· Think strategically about the Titleist Golf Ball business. Ensure delivery of the global golf ball business plan by being the Performance Line business owner, possessing a deep understanding and command of WW inventory positions, supply chain, golfer trends, specific market needs, economic conditions, cross-category opportunities, channel needs, etc.
· Partner with R&D to deliver product briefs grounded in golfer research for new and inline Titleist Performance Line products in accordance with Titleist 2-year product lifecycle. See products through plant implementation process from R&D to Golf Ball Operations.
· Drive process with Titleist Golf Ball Creative Team to develop positioning and packaging for new and inline products. Partner with Creative Team to design and product launch assets (commercials, POP, etc.) through coordination with Creative Agency, Media Partners, etc.
· Drive process with Golf Ball Retail Marketing and Golf Ball Fitting & Education for product promotion and design key sales initiatives during inline lifecycle and prior to launch.
· Own the Performance Line section of the three-generation golf ball plan as well as other additional informational reports. Communicate with Global Golf Ball Teams throughout ongoing product development process for Global and market specific products
Education: BS or BA in Marketing, Product Management, Business Administration or related field required. MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in Marketing, Sales, Product Management or related relationship / brand building function is required. Candidate should possess strong golf acumen. Strong business planning skills, demonstrated leadership in motivating teams. Excellent written, verbal communication, and time management skills.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Factors: Some domestic & international travel - approximately 15% of time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Strong golf knowledge and passion for the game required. Exceptional attention to detail.
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401 savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness facility; and generous product discounts. Visit the Acushnet Company employment website for more information (http://employment.acushnetgolf.com).