Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Sr. Manager of Financial Reporting and Accounting will be responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate preparation of the Company&rsquos internal and external financial statements, including all aspects of quarterly and annual financial reporting required by the Company. This position will oversee the financial reporting functions, collaborates with subsidiary domestic and international financial teams to ensure the timely submission of accounting information both internal and external, and drives improvement initiatives within the financial reporting function to develop streamlined processes to maximize efficiencies of the departments. We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated and technically strong in order to work with fairly minimal oversight and can work well with teams. Critical to succeed in this position is the ability to display a high level of problem solving, prioritization, sense of urgency, quick turnaround, adaptability, and the ability to support diverse projects/problems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage the financial reporting process for the preparation of the monthly and quarterly management reporting package
- Oversee and manage the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including the completeness and accuracy of all required footnote and MD&A disclosures.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC rules and regulations and FASB authoritative requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of consolidated, global financial statements, ensuring completeness, accuracy and proper line item classification.
- Oversee coordination with external auditors and audit process for areas within job scope in conjunction with the Assistant Controller, and provide audit supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Provide assistance to other departments to resolve financial questions and issues.
- Research and document technical accounting issues related to material transactions, including business combinations, to support audits and financial reporting.
- Monitor and interpret new accounting pronouncements that could impact the Company, as well as monitor activities of the SEC, PCAOB, FASB and AICPA.
- Assist with troubleshooting, researching, resolving and documenting complex accounting issues.
- Continue to maintain, develop and document Company accounting policies.
- Assist corporate development teams and finance group with accounting diligence for acquisitions and advise on accounting structuring considerations.
- Maintain internal control environment and ensure compliance with accounting policies and SOX regulations.
- Work with accounting team to implement process and SOX control improvements.
- Recommend policies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage the timing and execution of statutory audits and the completion of statutory financial statements.
- Review and approve monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and/or supervise preparation of internal management reports and metrics.
- Manage the accounting of stock compensation and the proper reconciliations between the stock administration software and SAP, the preparation of the EPS calculation and EPS forecasts, and the accounting for leases under ASC 842.
- Oversee the audit of the Company&rsquos 401k plan as well as the preparation of the financial statements and footnotes.
- Provide overall supervision, guidance, and training to accounting staff.
- Promote a one-team culture.
- Assist the legal department with the preparation of the annual Proxy Statement.
- Other duties, projects or research assignments as required.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and financial statement preparation.
- Strong understanding of the impact of foreign currency on financial statements.
- Able to understand financial impact of decisions and recommendations.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex problems constructively and implement solutions.
- Able to review accounting policies and procedures and modify as appropriate to address corporate or legal requirements, or improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to effectively lead and manage projects from start to finish meeting both time goals and desired results.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to influence people and drive process improvements.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, including ability to summarize and present financial data and recommendations to all levels of management in a clear, concise, and effective manner to support decision-making processes at all levels.
- Ability to lead, motivate and elevate a team. Skilled in leadership, talent management, team motivation, and change management.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to interact with customers and associates at all levels of the organization. Cultivates positive relationships with other associates.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while managing multiple priorities and shifting deadlines.
- Understand the importance of managing sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong business acumen and sound judgment.
- Strong initiative and assertiveness.
- Skilled in strategic leadership.
- Knowledge of change management techniques preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technical research skills, including experience with GAAP and other accounting standards research.
- Knowledge of SAP, or another advanced ERP system, and Wdesk or similar financial reporting platform.
- Advanced skill level in MS Excel and Word.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor&rsquos degree in accounting or related field and CPA certification required.
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in accounting and SEC financial reporting for publicly traded companies.
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience required, including project management or supervisory roles
- Public Accounting Experience required, Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.