Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Finance Manager for the Apparel business is responsible for supporting the long term strategic planning and growth of the Company.  The role involves working with the Senior Business Leaders to develop plans to increase revenue & profitability over the long term and to develop metrics to track the progress against those plans.  This role will be a key player in the evolving soft goods strategy across the Company. The role involves coordinating the development of an integrated, detailed, and actionable Long Range Plan LRP for the Company. We are excited to bring on a strategic finance professional that is passionate about our industry and bringing it to the next level!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and manage the development of a detailed "bottoms up" Long Range Plan that will provide a roadmap for the business units in achieving their long-term goals. Work closely with business unit leaders to develop and manage the plan.
- Collaborate with leaders of functions, subsidiaries or product categories to oversee and execute strategy for growing the apparel business.
- Work with the Finance leadership team to develop a Corporate Scorecard and key metrics Revenue Growth, Gross Margin, Operating Income, EBITDA, Free Cash Flow and ROIC.
- Work with head of Apparel to develop strategies, analyze trends and make recommendations to help drive growth and profitability for those businesses.
- Perform competitive financial analysis of peers and customers and conduct benchmarking on potential new markets.
- Analyze and support ongoing review of various corporate financial strategies.
- Build financial models around strategic initiatives, investment decisions, product categories and process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret trends, variances and business performance. Develop actionable business insights and recommendations. Communicate findings and recommendations to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop pro forma financial analysis for all significant new venture investments.
- Help support the new business team to help successfully integrate new businesses. Work with the leaders of the accounting, tax, finance, operations, etc. to support their efforts in each of these functional areas.
- Develop a standardized approach for evaluating the return on investment including metrics such as ROIC, NPV and IRR for both past and future new ventures. These metrics should be standardized across the company to provide "apples-to-apples" comparisons for multiple opportunities.
- Prepare presentations for Sr. Management / Board Review including Monthly Business Reviews MBR, Growth Council and Board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned to support functional goals.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical, organization and creative problem solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of finance tools, practices, and principles.
- Solid knowledge of valuation and financial modeling.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including ability to define tasks and milestones, identify resources, project timelines and costs, oversee completion of project tasks, and manage project team meetings.
- Able to effectively lead and manage projects from start to finish meeting both time goals and desired results.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, including ability to summarize and present financial data and recommendations to all levels of management in a clear, concise, and effective manner to support decision-making processes at all levels.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while managing multiple priorities and shifting deadlines.
- Strong ability to influence and manage change.
- Strong business acumen and sound judgment.
- Strong initiative and assertiveness.
- Advanced knowledge of and skill level in MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP financial system strong plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience, required. MBA is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years total work experience, with minimum 3 years&rsquo experience in corporate financial planning or related field, preferably in a multinational environment supporting global business reporting needs.
- Experience in Outdoor Apparel, Retail and E-Commerce business is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with international business partners, particularly in Germany and China preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.