Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Manager of Custom Gears is responsible for the development and evolution of our custom gear Operations Team; capabilities and operational quality assurance program for global Gear.
This position will manage the supply chain and operations for Global Titleist Custom Gear; demand forecasting, supply planning (MRP/MPS), purchasing, and vendor managed distribution to ensure worldwide delivery and execution of Acushnet Custom Gear.
- Develop and evolve relevant and effective order capture and service models that will redefine and elevate our global customers and consumers' custom gear experience.
- Deliver expanded custom gear and capability offerings that redefine our consumer experience by connecting with and anticipating future needs.
- Work with global product marketing and development to ensure all products are designed in support of our custom objectives and consumers expectations.
- Bachelor Degree: Business degree preferred, with a focus in Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience required
- Management position with experience of in the following areas:
- Customer services.
- Strategic and operational development management.
- Customization / Personalization of consumer goods; sports or golf focused preferred.
- Previous experience managing 5 – 10 people, across organizations/locations/Business lines/3rd party vendors.
- 5 years of proven project management experience.
- 3 years’ experience in supply planning.
- Data analytical skills in education/work experience.
- International travel up to 25% a year. Valid US Passport required.
- Must possess and apply expert knowledge of personalization operations including but not limited to:
- Embroidery, Embossing, Laser Etching, Screen Printing.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute product changes.
- Strong knowledge of ERP (Lawson Infor M3 / Cognos preferred) principles, practices and procedures.
- Must possess exceptional technical skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging programs/software.
- Advanced skill set in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401 savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness facility; and generous product discounts. Visit the Acushnet Company employment website for more information (http://employment.acushnetgolf.com).
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.