american golf has grown to become Europe's largest golf retailer and we are continuing to expand. The latest of many significant site investments, Barnehurst Golf Club is equipped for all levels of golfers; with a 9 hole course, high tech driving range, an american golf retail store, FootGolf & Adventure Golf facilities. The complex also boasts the Il Corso bar, restaurant & function rooms overlooking the course. We have an exciting opportunity for a Head Chef to join the team working 42.5 hours per week.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- A competitive salary
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Employee discount for you, your family and your friends
- Company incentives
- Professional qualification & subscription support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Other fantastic benefits include Reward scheme, Denplan, Cycle to work and more.
- Ensuring all food production is of the highest standard.
- Providing financial information and stock figures as required.
- Training and developing of the kitchen team and organising staff rotas.
- Assisting the Management in optimizing all revenue streams to maintain sales growth.
- Ensuring compliance with all food hygiene and health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Promoting and enhancing the profile of the Uccellino brand within all relevant industry and hospitality circles.
- To liaise with the Food & Beverage Manager and Marketing Team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
- To recruit and develop a kitchen team.
- Assisting with all administrative duties including good received notes and correct invoicing.
- To plan events and ensure that all areas are set up for forthcoming events.
- To manage kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning and suitable levels/ranges of stock are in place.
- To ensure all available resources are used to their optimum and put into effect a smoothly run and profitable operation.
- To ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- To work in partnership with all other Uccellino sites to ensure the best available resources are utilised.
- A proven track record and strong development through your career will express drive, success and passion for the position.
- Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
- Show flair and imagination in menu design and an enthusiasm for innovative ideas.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of food.
- Be aware of current industry trends.
- Polished customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative.
- Experience in organising hospitality and functions.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to operate unsupervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good organisational skills.