At ClubCorp, work feels like play, as you build relationships with your team and meet Members from all different backgrounds. Every time you step foot in your Club, you can create magic moments and enrich lives. So, join us and be a part of a fun, fast-paced, high-impact group of talented people. We are passionate about bringing people together and about bringing out the very best in life.Discover Long Island's premier golf and country club.
Explore one of Commack's finest private, gated country club communities, offering Members 18 holes of championship golf and first-class amenities. Enjoy restaurants, tennis courts, a fitness center, pools and fun social events for everyone, plus benefits beyond the Club as part of the ClubCorp family.
The Hamlet Golf and Country Club, once the home of The Hamlet Cup Tennis Tournament, has a well-equipped Long Island Tennis Facility with eight lighted outdoor tennis courts, offering a choice of six USTA caliber hard courts – one of which includes a half-court for basketball – and two beautiful Har-Tru courts. Our experienced and enthusiastic Commack Tennis Staff specialize in a wide range of tennis programs, including adult and group lessons, clinics, tennis zones, singles and doubles strategies, junior instruction and a full spectrum of competitive and social tennis events. If you're looking to improve your tennis game, or just out for a friendly social game with friends, The Hamlet is the place to be.
The Director of Racquet Sports is responsible for all Club tennis activity programming, including developing and promoting tennis programs for all age groups, while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. The Director of Racquet Sports will organize tennis clinics and private lessons that encourage participation in the Clubs tennis activities and will promote tennis memberships to all potential prospects. Additionally, the Director of Racquet Sports will act as the Clubs Tennis Ambassador to enhance the value of the Club. The Director of Racquet Sports reports directly to the Sports Club Director and/or General Manager and directly supervises Tennis Professionals.
World’s Largest Network of Private Clubs.
High-end Country Clubs in family focused environments.
Medical, Dental, 401k.
Additional career and earnings growth.
No limit on earnings potential.
We provide scheduling, booking, and student management software for free.
We provide a full marketing platform to grow coach presence and business with a proven track record for creating engagement and increased earnings.
We offer autonomy for customizable programming and individual learning.
Local and national marketing teams to assist coaches promoting and growing their businesses.
Upward mobility in the world’s largest network.
- Assist in all functions of the business.
- Assist the members with all tennis needs and ensure tennis policies are being followed.
- Schedule, administer and promote leagues, round robins, drop-in, ladders, tournaments, and all other events as applicable.
- Develop and promote tennis clinics, private lessons, adult, junior and senior programs.
- Communicate with Member Relations Director/Coordinator to schedule and publicize tennis events.
- Call new members in order to conduct a tennis orientation into the facility and programs available.
- Maintain courts in a professional manner and ensure that the environment is safe for all those who use the facility.
- Maximize the Clubs tennis facilities to reduce attrition and attract new members.
- Prepare yearly budget as directed and adhere to standards and policies.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments is completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (ie orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange furniture/equipment, picking up trash/debris, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Tennis Professional.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- USPTA certification required
- Interest in career advancement to Director level position
- Required tennis instruction training
Have more questions? Check out our ClubCorp Jobs website to get more details about ClubLife, the Employee Experience, Company Benefits, and Our Culture. Be a part of our Social Network: ClubCorp LinkedIn or ClubCorp Instagram.
ClubCorp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer / ClubCorp participates in E-Verify. This job post is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operation of the Club.