All kitchen personnel. Directly Supervises: two - twelve regular Full-time kitchen staff, indirectly supervises: all cooks, prep cooks, and dishwasher/utility employees
Premium Services / Event Chef Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• The PSE Chef is responsible for consistent use of safe work practices by all banquet staff.
• Understands and consistently follows food safety practices.
• The PSE Chef establishes and maintains professional standards of conduct and appearance.
• Assists in preparing and interpreting the banquet event order (BEO).
• The PSE Chef possess strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in Large Venue Operations
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Premium Services / Event Chef Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The PSE Chef is responsible for food production needed for banquet functions, private parties, and Game Days at Texas Tech University. Accountable for all food costs for banquet functions. Supervise production personnel used for banquet events. Assist Executive Sous Chef with Executive Chef’s responsibilities during the latter’s absence.
Premium Services / Event Chef Job Tasks/Duties
• The PSE Sous Chef manages food production including menu planning, costing, execution and employee supervision for banquet functions including holiday buffets, Sunday brunch and Game Day Operations.
• When requested, assists with production of daily specials for restaurants.
• Assists in the hiring, training and ongoing supervision including scheduling of all employees involved with banquet food production.
• The PSE Chef assists or relieves the Executive Sous Chef whenever reduced banquet volume allows.
• Establishes and adheres to food cost goals for banquet functions; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are attained.
• Attends departmental staff meetings.
• Assures that food quality standards and pre-determined costs are attained on all banquet functions.
• The PSE Chef sets-up plating line for functions and assists with plating duties.
• Performs other special, ad hoc duties as requested by the Executive Chef.
Licenses and Special Requirements
• Food safety certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
• Push, pull or lift to 50 pounds.
• Continuous repetitive motions.
• Work in hot, humid, and noisy environment
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Under the leadership of the Executive Chef, the Premium Services / Event Chef is entrusted with substantive leadership and management responsibilities, including responsibility on a daily basis for planning event meals, procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, production of meals, supervising and coordinating the work of the kitchen personnel, assuring that food preparation is economical and complying with all of Texas Tech Club’s quality standards. As well as enhancing the Suite Owners and Club Seat Season Ticket Holders game day experience. We are looking for someone to be the face of our Premium Areas and work throughout the year with our Suite Owners for their private event needs.
- A minimum of 3-5 years as a Banquet or Sous Chef preferred
- Understanding of Volume
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Culinary School graduate preferred.
- Health Sanitation Card pear state requirements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
ClubCorp is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
Salary ($60k - $70k)