Responsible for promoting the game of tennis and the club while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. Responsible for providing quality service, ordering necessary merchandise, and assisting with the tennis shop operations. Reports directly to the Director of Racquet Sports or Tennis Shop Manager.Day to Day:
- Responsible for efficient and friendly customer service throughout the pro shop, accurately ringing up charges at the register and properly checking in all tennis players prior to play. This also includes proper cash handling procedures as well as making sure that all standards of operations are being met.
- Respond to inquiries, lessons and court reservations for Members and guests both in person and on the phone. Converse with Members and guests in a friendly manner. Focus your attention on Members and guests needs and remain calm, professional, and courteous always, even when under pressure.
- Responsible for inventory controls, checking-in merchandise in accordance with procedures, organization of storage and display areas. Keep up inventory levels of constantly stocked items (i.e.. shirts, socks, hats, balls, etc.). Follow up on all special orders making sure customers are aware of the receipt of their orders in accordance with established procedures.
- Process invoices daily (if needed), coding and scanning to the Accounting Team for payment
- Process all returned merchandise and issue proper credit to customer.
- Maintain tennis shop and ensure it is always organized and clean, sell merchandise, and oversee tennis operations and staff to ensure proper performance.
- Update Tennis Member Information, Buyers Club Plan Database, Stringing, etc. as applicable for the club.
- Promote the game of tennis and promote the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service.
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, picking up trash/debris, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
Customer service experience required.
Basic Tennis Knowledge Required.
Previous Retail experience preferred.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.