Responsible for assisting the Superintendent in the operating functions of the Golf Course Maintenance Department. The operating functions could include: Turfgrass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, assisting with forecasting and expense management, scheduling and maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues as directed by the Superintendent. Reporting to the Superintendent.
Day to Day:
- Assist Golf Course Superintendent in providing agronomic direction for the healthy growth of the golf course Clubhouse Grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials.
- As directed, supervise the crew, and assist with job scheduling and responsibilities.
- Supervise the application and recording of chemical applications on the Clubs grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Attend regular meetings as directed with management and employees to review Club operations, maintenance and golf activities schedules, and safety environmental issues.
- Supervise the safe use and maintenance of the golf course mechanical equipment by employees.
- Assist in implementing maintenance programs set by the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Ensure staff is working within OSHA, Club safety, state, and federal guidelines for safe working conditions. Provide technical, operational, and safety training for employees as directed.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Must possess a great attention to detail and be able to communicate with staff as well as Members/Guests.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that all others are acting safely.
- 1-3 years in Golf Course Maintenance.
- A 2-year degree preferably in Agronomy/Horticulture field a plus.
- Pesticide Applicators License.
- Provide input and knowledge of result expectations.
- Confidentiality of Club, company, national acts, and personnel information.
- Continued education through seminars, educational sessions and conferences.
- Must have technical and working knowledge of all equipment, products, and other resources related to Golf Course operations and to implement these resources to the level of quality as established by company standards and Club expectations.