Lifeguard in Houston at Bay Oaks Country Club
Houston, Texas, United States
LifeGuard is responsible for assisting in the support and enforcement of rules and regulations, and for the safety of the pool facility within the lifeguard certification. The primary responsibility of the lifeguard is the safety of the guests. Secondary duties include pool, deck, locker rooms, general maintenance, programs and work special events. Lifeguards are responsible for keeping themselves physically fit and their rescue skills at rescue ready levels.
- Scan pool area to detect safety concerns and practice preventative lifeguarding.
- Conduct self in a professional manner, understand, and relate to guests while using the pools.
- Provide positive and enthusiastic customer service to all members and guests. Greet members and guests by name.
- Effectively communicate with children, parents/guardians, and the public. Quickly and efficiently respond to member questions, comments, and concerns.
- Patrol pool areas to maintain cleanliness and to help maintain facility and equipment. Perform daily maintenance duties such as setting up for daily operation and major clean up at the end of the day.
- Work at swim meets.
- Test pool environment for proper chemical and environmental measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Some High School or working towards High School diploma. Some related work experience with pool operations preferred.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (including CPR/AED and First Aid)
- Knowledge of how to prevent accidents and how to react if there is an accident.
- Ability to swim for long distances, minimum 300 yards, and with great strength.
PHSYICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The outdoor work environment may result in exposure to extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold, and humidity. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to see, speak, and hear. Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Mental and Physical Demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these demands.
Have more questions? Check out our
Be a part of our Social Network:
ClubCorp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer / ClubCorp participates in E-Verify. This job post is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operation of the Club.