The Wine Steward/Beverage Manager is responsible for managing the inventory of all wine, beer, liquor and N/A beverages rotate and order product with a focus on seasonality, Member interest, and adaptability to changes in the Club's Beverage Standards. They Supervise the work of Employee Partners in the Dining Room(s) and bars while performing activities such as scheduling work, assisting Maitre'D and Captains with service meetings/line-ups, partaking in Employee Partner performance reviews with the Service and F&B Director and executing other managerial roles.Responsibilities
- Train all service personnel in wine/beer/liquor and other beverage service, standards and knowledge
- Monitor all safety and sanitation practices of beverage storage, presentation and service ensure that applicable Club standards and policies are met
- Assist Members and Guests with Wine selections and pairings. Assist servers with presentation of bottles as necessary
- Responsible for beverage functionality of all Private Events. Attend BEO meetings, determine product needs for upcoming events and order accurately
- Represent the beverage operations at all event planning meetings, to ensure expectations are exceeded, Club space is maximized but not oversold and Members/Guests have an excellent experience
- Collaborate closely with the Chef and F&B Director in menu development as it relates to wine-friendly foods, beverage parings, tasting dinners and other in-house and special events
- Oversee all Club Beverage programs including the wine lists, wines by the glass offerings, drink table tents, etc. coordinate and facilitate growth and development of the "Uncorked Program" at the Club determine relevant themes for beverage-related activities, events and other programming at the Club
- Manage cellar and storage conditions for optimal aging and preservation of wine and all other beverages
- Strong financial acumen is expected in all beverage areas including wine cost, beer cost, liquor cost and labor cost
- Create imaginative cocktail, beer and wine menus with focus on seasonal, interesting ingredients. Train staff on proper techniques and recipes to ensure consistent member experience
- At least 4 years of Professional Experience as a Lead Server, Captain, Maitre d', or in another capacity in a club, restaurant or another hospitality establishment are required
- At least 3 years Professional Experience running a Wine Program are preferred.
- Specialized training in Wine Industry is preferred.
- College degree or 6 years in the wine industry are required. Culinary and/or hospitality management emphasis is preferred.
- Certified graduate of an accredited Sommelier or Beverage Management Program to demonstrate advanced knowledge and interest in wine/beverage industry preferred
- Maintain Sommelier Certification through continued education over specific intervals throughout career
- CARE and CPR Certifications are preferred