This job is archived
Under the leadership of the Executive Chef and acting in his/her absence, the Executive Sous Chef is in charge and runs the operation being entrusted with substantive leadership and management responsibilities, including responsibility on a daily basis for planning meals, procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, production of meals, supervising and coordinating the work of the kitchen personnel, assuring that food preparation is economical and complying with all ClubCorp quality standards.
The Executive Sous Chef should have a working knowledge of applicable health, sanitation, and licensing ordinances. He/she is also responsible for the profitable operation of the Food Preparation Department. The relationship between the Chef and the Executive Sous Chef is one of shared leadership and, through this developmental assignment, the Executive Sous Chef acquires the knowledge and problem-solving abilities to be promoted to an Executive Chef position.
Day to Day:
- Executing the creation of menus and meal planning/production based on forecasted Member and guest counts.
- Determining budgetary requirements and controlling the expenses relating to food supplies, kitchen equipment and materials.
- Analyzing food and labor production reports or other records, including menu engineering, for use in supervision and control of expenses.
- Procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, including organization of inventories and participating in actual inventory counts.
- Analyzing the workplace and implementing policies and ensuring policies are carried out to provide safe workplace practices for employees, including resolving all safe workplace practices issues.
- Representing the Club in Member interaction including daily table visits, soliciting Member and Guest feedback, working with various committees, and promoting the Club within the community and industry.
- Interviewing, selecting, and hiring of employees with particular weight being given to the Executive Sous Chefs suggestions and recommendations.
- Planning, scheduling, and adjusting hours of work and specific responsibilities among employees.
- Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of individual work area and kitchen, including equipment, counters, tools, waste areas, etc.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years as a Sous Chef
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Culinary School graduate preferred.
- Health Sanitation Card pear state requirements
Foodservice management certification as per state requirements