POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for providing F&B STAR Service to Members/Guest ensuring satisfaction, Member retention, and coordinating with the other Club departments. Responsible for set-up, food preparation, organization, sanitation, and production and service of food and beverage items, as well as closing and storage for individual work station. Responsible for financial performance of the snack bar and the overall appearance of the operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Maintaining ClubCorp service standards as outlined in the Hospitality First training program at high standards providing the service of food and beverage to the Members and guests, adhering to the ClubCorp standards of service.
2. Responsible for set-up of daily par/prep and organization of the snack bar.
3. Preparation of and storage of all food and beverage items necessary to operation of snack bar in adherence with ClubCorp quality standards, including proper rotation of product, sanitation, and cleanliness.
4. Communicate with Service/F&B Director when special products are needed or having problems with food quality or presentation.
5. Consistent presentation of daily snack bar food items as designated which are produced within ClubCorp's quality standards guidelines.
6. Accurately execute Member/guest orders and requests in a timely fashion.
7. Know Members names and greet them promptly in a manner to provide a warm welcome and making them feel at home.
8. Collect money or the club membership card for all transactions. Responsible for the daily proper financial closing of the snack bar and cleaning duties.
9. Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen and snack bar area.
10. Responsible for seeing that daily assignments and side work is completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (ie orderly/organized work areas, consistently sanitary work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.)
11. Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
12. Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
1. Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner to perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
2. Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
3. Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including the kitchen, and assuring that others are acting safely.
4. Responsible for attendance at all Service Training Meetings as requested.
5. Follow all service department, club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies and manuals.
6. Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
7. Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
1. Reports Directly To: F&B Director/Service Director/Banquet Manager
2. Also Works For: General Manager, Captain
3. Other Positions Reporting To This Supervisor: Busperson
4. Directly Supervises: N/A
5. Indirectly Supervises: N/A
WORK EXPERIENCE: Previous F&B experience preferred
EDUCATION: High School Diploma perferred
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: completion of Hospitality First Certification and alcohol and food safety awareness certified
BUDGET CONTROL/RESPONSIBILITY: n/a
TRAINING: Hospitality certified.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Excellent communication skills and articulate speech. Ability to follow instructions well
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Indoors and in some cases, outdoors
POSITION REQUIREMENTS FORM
1. In a workday, this position requires the following activities:
Activity No. of Hours per day INTERMITTENT or CONSTANT (occurs at various (occurs without a break) intervals)
a. Sit Minimal Intermittent
b. Stand Length of shift Constant
c. Walk Length of shift Constant
d. Drive 0 Intermittent
2. This position also requires the following activities:
NEVER or OCCASIONALLY or FREQUENTLY (1/3 of the day or less) (more than 1/3 of the day)
a. Squatting Occasionally
b. Bending Frequently
c. Kneeling Occasionally
d. Reaching Occasionally
e. Twisting Occasionally
f. Crawling Occasionally
g Ladder Climbing Occasionally
h Stair Climbing Frequently
i. Type of Other Climbing: Never
j. Walking on rough ground Occasionally
k. Exposure to temperature changes Occasionally
l. Exposure to dust, fumes or gases Occasionally
m. Being near moving machinery Occasionally
n. Working from heights Occasionally
o. Cleaning/Scrubbing Occasionally
3. This position requires lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling:
Max. Weight Lifted Occasionally Above 100 lbs State Weight Lifted if above 100 pounds. 150
Max. Weight Lifted Frequently
11 - 24 lbs State Weight Lifted if above 100 pounds. 0
Max. Weight Carried Occasionally
Above 100 lbs State Weight Carried if above 100 pounds 150
Max. Weight Carried Frequently
11 - 24 lbs State Weight Carried if above 100 pounds. 0
Max. Weight Pushed Occasionally
Above 100 lbs State Weight Pushed if above 100 pounds. 200
Max. Weight Pushed Frequently
11 - 24 lbs State Weight Pushed if above 100 pounds. 0