Experience the charm and enjoy the natural serene beauty encompassing Stonehenge Golf & Country Club. Amid a land full of history, a fresh spirit abounds that is apparent upon the moment of arrival. Stonehenge Golf & Country Club truly reflects a new spirit of commitment to the Members, their children and their guests. The result: service and quality that many desire but few can achieve.Richmond's Destination for Great Golf
More than a quarter century ago, the late Edmund Ault, noted designer for such premier golf clubs as the Army Navy Golf Club in Arlington, Virginia, and the Country Club of Virginia’s Tuckahoe Course, designed Stonehenge’s 18 holes of championship golf.Outside Services Assistant
Outside Services Assistant's at Stonehenge Golf & Country Club is responsible for providing the highest level of professionalism and customer service for our Members/Guests by conducting the Golf Operations outside services efficiently.
This position reports directly to the Head Golf Professional with indirect reporting to other Golf Professionals and Assistants.Day to Day:
- Provides Warm Welcomes, Magic Moments and Fond Farewells to all Members/Guests of the Club by smiling, looking the Member/Guest in the eye and greeting them by name as they approach the golf/staging area or within the Golf Shop areas.
- Assist golfers by loading bags, cleaning clubs and preparing golfers for play ensuring all their needs are met and questions answered. Assist by giving suggestions on proper golf course etiquette.
- Cleaning and maintain the storage areas and golf cart fleet at all times.
- Marshal carts in the staging area and assign golf carts to players so the golf carts can be tracked when they are occupied by Members/Guests.
- Assist golfers after their round by cleaning clubs, delivering them to their cars as needed and checking in the golf carts.
- Be knowledgeable and promote events at the Club, course conditions, events in progress, and any information that will be helpful to the Member/Guest, allowing them to enjoy the Club amenities and activities.
- Maintain club storage areas and cart barn in a clean and orderly manner with clubs (rental, member, etc.), equipment, etc. and in proper areas. Report any damage to clubs or equipment immediately to Golf Shop.
- Maintain the practice areas so they are set-up and continually supplied (i.e., range balls, etc.) and in order for daily usage.
- Maintain area outside pro shop, parking lot, etc. so that it is uncongested, neat and free of debris at all times.
- Assist and coordinate services with other golf operations staff such as range attendants, cart attendants, marshals/starters, etc. to ensure seamless and efficient service to Members/Guests takes place.
- Ensure daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards (i.e., orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, straightening/stocking of golf shop, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employees, Members/Guests to ensure delivery of the Three Steps of Service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify management of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Practice good service recovery by rectifying any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrate good teamwork.
- Communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Focus attention on detail.
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas of the Club and assure that others are acting safely.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent, is required.
- Customer service experience. Basic Golf Knowledge and Etiquette Required.
- You can be trusted to maintain confidentiality of all proprietary Company information and sensitive employee matters, except as expressly authorized by the Company.
- You always perform at the highest level of ethical work standards.
- You are comfortable working in both indoor and outdoor environments with frequent exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures and humidity.