Assists members and guests by providing customer service in the Tennis Pro Shop. Provides customer service by utilizing Three Steps of Service when checking members and guests in; taking court reservations; utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) system for processing purchases, credit card transactions and entering tournament and league information; answering the telephone according to Star Service Standards and fielding inquiries in accordance with Club Corp Standards.
Manages reservations by recording member/guest name, telephone number and number of players, notifying customers of court fees and rules; ensuring that all reservations are recorded in the online reservation system including teaching professionals, programing, and member play.
Maintains the tennis shop environment by keeping it neat and orderly; straightening and stocking merchandise including towels, balls, etc.; vacuuming and cleaning the shop each day and as needed; following Mission Hills Country Club guidelines for opening and closing duties; including member and non-member charges; verifying stock levels; setting up ball machine; restringing racquets.
Ensures the safety and comfort of members and guests by checking court and weather conditions.
Supports successful tournament operations by assisting Director with preparation, staging, scoreboards; regulating tournament format and rules.
Generates revenue by promoting tennis programs including tennis schools, junior tennis and tennis leagues to members and guests.
Handles member/guest service issues in a prompt and effective manner. Includes guest registration, tracking, charging, and rule enforcement.
this employee partner should be very familiar with how to stings racquets and be tennis proficient.
- Responsible for efficient and friendly customer service throughout the pro shop, accurately ringing up charges at the register and properly checking in all tennis players prior to play. This also includes proper cash handling procedures as well as making sure that all standards of operations are being met.
- Respond to inquiries, lessons and court reservations for Members and guests both in person and on the phone. Converse with Members and guests in a friendly manner. Focus your attention on Members and guests needs and remain calm, professional, and courteous always, even when under pressure.
- Responsible for inventory controls, checking-in merchandise in accordance with procedures, organization of storage and display areas. Keep up inventory levels of constantly stocked items (i.e.. shirts, socks, hats, balls, etc.). Follow up on all special orders making sure customers are aware of the receipt of their orders in accordance with established procedures.
- Process invoices daily (if needed), coding and scanning to the Accounting Team for payment
- Process all returned merchandise and issue proper credit to customer.
- Maintain tennis shop and ensure it is always organized and clean, sell merchandise, and oversee tennis operations and staff to ensure proper performance.
- Update Tennis Member Information, Buyers Club Plan Database, Stringing, etc. as applicable for the club.
- Promote the game of tennis and promote the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service.
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and procedures established by the Club.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, picking up trash/debris, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
Customer service experience required.
Basic Tennis Knowledge Required.
Previous Retail experience preferred.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.