Our Small Group Coordinators are responsible in creating a memorable and unique experience to our member and guests. Act as a one stop shop for group organizers to address amenities such as golf, spa, retail, restaurants, etc. that may not be part of the core group program. Contact all in-house groups prior to arrival to sell and coordinate golf, golf amenities, retail amenities, restaurant reservations, etc. Collaborate with other departments to coordinate the needs of the group. Act as liaison between Sales Office and Property Sales to check golf availability. Attend all site inspections, pre-planning visits and pre-con meetings. Conduct proactive sales calls to all groups turned definite that have not yet secured golf or other on/off site amenities. Serve as Golf contact for all Small Group Event requests. Provide weekly up to date & accurate reports of scheduled activity to the Director or Rooms. Process definite contracts turnover process. Support retail sales to in-house groups. Perform Account tracking and reporting. Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty. Recognize opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a unique Firestone Experience for our members and guests. Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guests’ questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings, including social media where appropriate.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Porter, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Locker Room, Maintenance) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Manage access to technological devices within public spaces (e.g., television, remote control, computer, Internet, etc.) and provide basic troubleshooting assistance or refer to appropriate individual or department (e.g., Maintenance, Locker Room) as necessary.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., VisualOne, GolfPro, OpenTable), verifying guest identity, confirming/requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, direct bill) prior to issuing room key.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet, fitness area, restaurants, other on-site amenities.
- Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Keep track and update room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfers, unexpected stay overs) for Housekeeping.
- Process all check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling accounts, retrieving room keys, and leaving comments on guest's stay.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Booking member and guests overnight rooms based on preference and availability.
- Monitoring the rooming chart to ensure accurate billing information and availability.
- Sell rooms/accommodations to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Gather, summarize, and utilize information about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities.
- Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or services (e.g., transportation, dry cleaning, entertainment/sporting events, shopping) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers.
- Stay up to date on the local area so that you are prepared to provide specific recommendations for guests.
- Stay up to date on member/property events to provide accurate information to guests.
- Communicate recommendations in a way that builds excitement and interest among guests and associates.
- Arrange transportation for members/guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed.
Golf / Tee Times
- Understand common golf terminology, game play, and course knowledge.
- Stay up to date on outings and property tournaments to provide accurate information to guests.
- Booking member and guests tee times based on preference and availability.
- Monitoring the tee sheet to ensure accurate billing information and availability.
Working with Others
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
Billing / Payment Processing
- Process all payment types such as room charges, debit, credit, or direct billing.
- Process certificates, vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Obtain credit card authorizations and follow all accounting procedures when computer systems are down.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic and professional.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.