This job is archived
Essential Functions of the Job
- Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities; develops policies, procedures, and systems that ensure productive and efficient office operations.
- Manages the calendar and schedule of Senior Leaders to ensure that identified priorities are addressed in a timely fashion and usage of time is optimized.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates a systematic approach to managing projects while establishing realistic timetables to keep projects on schedule.
- Coordinates the calendars for the entire department, including vacations, PTO, out-of-office scheduling, and reconciles Human Resources reports and time and attendance records accordingly.
- Handles logistics for meetings, retreats, and other gatherings on and off-campus; responds and addresses unexpected changes and associated requests; arranges for urgent issues to be handled by appropriate staff.
- Creates appropriate documents including agendas, presentations, and follow-up for meetings with staff and other stakeholders.
- Composes, prepares, and distributes approved correspondence for and on behalf of the department to include but not limited to e-mail, memoranda, letters, telephone correspondence, department records, shipping duties, and visitor notification in a detailed, accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in the management of departmental operating expenses by gaining awareness of our budgets and processes.
- Understands and uses ANGC Intranet to compose proper request forms for various needs and tracks status.
- Primary contact for the office of the Chairman and Executive Director. Responds appropriately and promptly to all requests from the office of the Chairman.
- Coordinates all departmental travel scheduling and itineraries. Procures all lodging and travel arrangements. Procures any necessary Club vehicle when necessary. Prepares all travel agendas. Requests domestic and foreign currency for business trips.
- Creates and maintains efficient business document and computer filing procedures. Classifies all business documents as needed. Maintains, rotates, scans, and indexes business documents in computer archive systems.
- Receives incoming phone calls and seeks to handle or direct to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates Tournament credentials for sponsors, licensees, and business associates.
- During Masters Week, processes credential changes as required, coordinates department meeting schedules, greets visitors, and ferries information seamlessly between third parties and the department.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Corporate Administration department by providing support to the Executive Assistant as needed.
- Follows approved Club procedures in scheduling travel arrangements.
- Receives, organizes and prioritizes incoming correspondence to include but not limited to mail, e-mail and phone calls in the absence of the Director or Senior Director.
- Receives and directs visitors.
- Schedules meeting rooms and ensures proper setup to include but not limited to necessary equipment and refreshments.
- Maintains automated mailing lists of business contacts.
- Attends seminars and workshops for continued professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
- Works well across all segments of the Club.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Must be a self-starter, inquisitive, confident, and resourceful in managing tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient organizational skills
- High attention to details
- Ability to handle repetitious job tasks
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Smartsheet, as well as digital file organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years administrative and/or secretarial experience in an office environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, continuing education in business and/or related field preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk and work with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear. The employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. The employee is constantly required to sit, sometimes for several hours at a time, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.